In the Philippines, the implementation and adaptation of laws and regulations that aim to protect and support differently abled people continue to be a challenge due to the lack of awareness and commitment from leaders and communities. This program enables volunteers to facilitate activities such as educational services for children diagnosed with autism and other related exceptionalities, and encourage parents to support the programme. Throughout the assignment, volunteers will be given relevant training and orientations to ensure that they are equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to support differently-abled children. Volunteers are expected to have the willingness to care for differently abled children and to be patient in dealing with non-traditional classroom scenarios.
- Global Citizenship Education
- Basic Education as a Right not a Privilege
- Child’s Rights
- Protection and Advancement of the Rights and Opportunities for
- Differently Abled People
- Intercultural Learning
- Community Development
- Knowledge, skills and understanding on how to facilitate the learning of differently abled children and how to effectively manage their behavior
- Introductory experience for a future career in Special Education and Social Work
- Increased knowledge and appreciation of different cultures
The team at AFS Philippines are looking forward to discussing the programmes with you and can be called or Whatsapp’d on +63 917 654 7282 between 6am and 10am.
Alternatively apply now and we’ll call you back.