For many families in the Philippines, education remains a privilege. This unfortunate social condition is mainly caused by poverty, poor nutrition, and the lack of teachers, school supplies, and facilities. In the process, some children are forced into labour to help their families, while there is also a significant number of unintended pregnancies and forced marriage cases. This program provides an opportunity for volunteers to render services in underserved school communities, particularly in facilitating classroom activities, helping educate parents in the importance of the education of their children, and raising funds for educational programmes.
- Global Citizenship Education
- Basic Education as a Right, not a Privilege
- Child’s Rights
- Intercultural Learning
- Community Development
- In-depth understanding of pressing social concerns affecting educational systems
- Recognise social challenges and develop sustainable solutions
- Enhancement of personal and professional skills and competencies
- Increased knowledge and appreciation of different cultures.
The team at AFS Philippines are looking forward to discussing the programmes with you and can be called or Whatsapp’d on +63 917 654 7282 between 6am and 10am.
Alternatively apply now and we’ll call you back.