The Young Workers Volunteer Program is aimed at young adults who want to clarify career goals and gain intercultural knowledge. People that want to grow personally and gain work experience.
This 12-months program provides you with an easily accessible opportunity for effecting positive societal change through volunteering, while improving your skills and competences for personal, educational, and professional development. Non-formal and formal learning opportunities during the program will enable you to acquire essential competences for personal growth in order to become an Active Global Citizen, thereby improving your employment prospects and facilitating your transition into the labor market.
This project is looking for young, highly motivated team members to play an active part in their organization and to contribute to the daily work routine of the organization.
Project description: Vincerola International Montessori Kindergarten in Aachen
Within the Volunteer Program, AFS Germany offers the possibility to work in a bilingual Kindergarten in Germany. There are two volunteer spots available in Aachen. As a volunteer you will be surrounded by children aged 6 months to 6 years. You will work within a great team of specifically trained kindergarten teachers. The underlying educational understanding of the project is based on the Montessori method, which is often described as a philosophy that focuses on the child and its individuality. Most of the children and most of the educational team are bilingual.
- Kindergarten and daycare in the city of Aachen (2 spots)
- You will get to know the Montessori education. The Montessori method is often described as a philosophy that focuses on the child and its individuality
- Taking care of children aged 6 months to 6 years
- Most of the children, like the educational team, are bilingual
- The Kindergartens are regularly certified for their educational quality
- Working language is German and English
- 12-months program participation