Work experience is essential for getting a job. The Young Workers Volunteer Programme is aimed at young adults who want to clarify career goals and gain intercultural knowledge.
This 12-months programme provides you with an easily accessible opportunity for effecting positive societal change through volunteering, while improving your skills and competences for personal, educational, and professional development. Non-formal and formal learning opportunities during the program will enable you to acquire essential competences for personal growth in order to become an Active Global Citizen, thereby improving your employment prospects and facilitating your transition into the labour market.
This project is looking for a young, highly motivated team member to play an active part in their organisation and to contribute to the daily work routine of the organisation.
Project Description: Youth Welfare Residential Family Group in Bavaria
Within the Young Workers Volunteer Program, AFS Germany offers the possibility to work within a great team supporting young pupils in their everyday lives. The project is a residential “family therapy group” on a farm for minors who can no longer live with their parents. The project is sponsored by the association for youth and family support (Gesellschaft für Jugend- und Familienhilfe e.V.). Currently there are three children (7-18 years old) accommodated together with a therapist; the children need individual and intensive support. The residential group is offering a secure environment, reliable caregivers and constant structures to ensure the youth’s psychological stability. The main goal is to increase the children’s independence, trust and confidence so they are able to live independently in the future. As a Young Worker you will support the children in everyday life on the farm such as caring for the animals, activities and projects with the children or helping with school work.
- Youth Welfare Residential Family Group in Bavaria
- The project is located in Southern Germany in a small village called (200 inhabitants) close to Ingolstadt (20 km) and Munich (80 km)
- Supporting children and young adults
- Living at the project for full immersion
- The project highly welcomes your input: You can introduce new extra curricular activities and offer workshops in accordance with your own interests and skills
- Working language is German
- 12-months program participation
- have a valid driver’s license and be willing to drive.
- posses empathy, ability to work in a small team, flexibility, reliability and tolerance.
- like working with and caring for animals.
- be motivated and show initiative.
- be active and athletic.